For your Kayak, paddle board or bike hire booking with Taupo Kayaking Adventures or Taupo Outdoor Adventures.
Domestic / New Zealand Clients
If you are unable to travel to Taupo from another location within New Zealand due to Covid-19 restrictions set by our NZ Government (i.e the location you are traveling from is in lockdown or Taupo is in lockdown) – we will provide a full refund, or we could hold your booking for another date.
We may request a medical certificate if your cancelation request is related to enforced isolation due to Covid-19 or for Covid-19 testing.
International Clients (Not in New Zealand – still overseas)
If you are unable to travel to New Zealand due to Covid-19 restrictions set by NZ or international Government’s – we will provide a full refund, or we could hold your booking for another date.
We may request proof of restricted ability to travel if your cancelation request is related to enforced isolation due Covid-19 or for Covid-19 testing.
(a) If a customer chooses to cancel:
- Up to 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost , or refund less 35% booking fee
- Within 24 – 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 50%
- Within 24 hours of departure or after departure time – no refund.
(b) Cancellation by TKA Staff:
Taupo Kayaking Adventures reserves the right to cancel or amend any equipment hire reservation. If the staff member feels the conditions are unsafe to go kayaking or paddleboarding in (water & weather eg high winds, waves). But we DO hire out kayaks in the rain.
If we cancel equipment hire due to such circumstances, you will have the following options:
- Full refund or
- Transfer to another day
- Transfer to a bike hire option dependent on the availability of equipment etc.
(c) You will receive no refund:
- If you do not turn up or if you miss the hire reservation hire time (e.g sleeping late, unexpected illness or injury, vehicle breakdowns, etc). We consider this a no show – and the equipment may be hired out to other people.
- If we have to cancel the booking due to client’s ill health, or alcohol or drug intoxication making it unsafe to kayak.
Note: All cancellations must be either phoned or emailed through. Not by messenger or facebook, prior to hiring time.