For your tour booking with Taupo Kayaking Adventures or Taupo Outdoor Adventures
Domestic / New Zealand Clients
If you are unable to travel to Taupo from another location within New Zealand due to Covid-19 restrictions set by our NZ Government (i.e the location you are traveling from is in lockdown or Taupo is in lockdown) – we will provide a full refund, or we could hold your booking for another date.
We may request a medical certificate if your cancelation request is related to enforced isolation due to Covid-19 or for Covid-19 testing.
International Clients (Not in New Zealand – still overseas)
If you are unable to travel to New Zealand due to Covid-19 restrictions set by NZ or international Governments – we will provide a full refund, or we could hold your booking for another date.
We may request proof of restricted ability to travel if your cancelation request is related to enforced isolation due Covid-19 or for Covid-19 testing.
(a) If a customer chooses to cancel:
- Up to 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost , or refund less 25% booking fee
- Within 24 – 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 50%
- Within 24 hours of departure or after departure time – rebook with a 15% booking fee, or no refund.
(b) Cancellation by the Guide:
Taupo kayaking Adventures reserves the right to cancel or amend any tour due to road, track, water or weather
conditions. If we cancel a tour due to such circumstances, you will have the following options:
- Cancel the day’s outing for a full refund if this is original booking date;
- If this booking was re-scheduled / transferred from an original tour booking date on request from customer and customer cannot re-schedule to another date. The cancelation will be full refund less 15% booking fee. Note: this excludes tours that were rescheduled by TKA through bad weather or water conditions.
- Choose an alternate tour or bike option from the Operator’s available services. Customers will be refunded the cost of the tour less the price of the alternative trip chosen.
(c) You will receive no refund:
- If you miss the tour departure (e.g sleeping late, unexpected illness or injury, vehicle breakdowns, etc),
- If we have to cancel the booking due to clients ill health, poor fitness, intoxication
Note: All cancellations must be either phoned or emailed through. Not by messenger or facebook, prior to tour time.