This could be a freelance position too.
We are a tour operator based in Taupo offering a variety of guided activities: kayaking, mountain biking & soon to be Tongariro Alpine Crossing and other walking tours.
Our main activity is kayaking, but we are growing into the other activity disciplines as well, and we do offer multi activity tours ie Kayaking and mountain biking.
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate about the outdoors and who wants to share their passion with others.
- And who may which to guide just one activity or a mixture of activities.
- This could be someone wanting to enter the outdoors industry or for someone looking at
taking the next step in their career into a Lead / Senior guiding position, or who may
already be at a lead / senior guide level.
You will need to be:
- Self-motivated, confident, friendly, and outgoing.
- Have good outdoor skills (for kayaking – good handling skills) and previous experience or
studying towards these.
- Able to instruct and lead others.
- Can organize and work will with within groups of people of all ages, nationalities and in
sometimes challenging weather conditions.
- Be flexible to work on call and weekends.
- Have current first aid certificate.
- Full driver’s License preferred.
The position could suit someone who has:
- Just completed an outdoor institute qualification (certificate or diploma), or already has
NZOIA, or close to completing any of these.
- Or for someone who is between study years, just wanting to gain some practical
experience during the summer holidays before returning to their studies.
- Or someone who is already guiding, with some good experience.
- Or if you are wanting to take the next step and gain some office / operation skills while
guiding, we could explore that possibility too.
- Having an outdoor qualification is preferable, but not essential for some of these
If you are wanting to take the next step and gain some office / operation skills, we could explore
that possibility too.
If you want to know more about this position a job description is available by email request only.
If you feel that you can fit this position – please email your CV to email@example.com with header
note: Guide Opportunity. Or Contact Lisa on 0274 801 231.