We are a tour operator based in Taupo offering a variety of guided activities: kayaking, mountain biking & soon to be Tongariro Alpine Crossing and other walking tours. We are also an equipment hire facility.
We are looking for someone passionate about the outdoor, who wants to share their passion with others. And who wants to gain or step into office/operations assistant role. And if you love the outdoors there could be a guiding option too.
This position will include:
- Office / operations assistant duties
- Assist with marketing and digital advertising
- Kayak & Mountain Bike hire
- Driving (including pick-up and drop off guests)
- Assisting guides with trip preparation (from time to time)
This can be a busy position – but can give you a good insight of what happens behind the scenes in an outdoor activity company.
You will need to be and have:
- Good phone manner and inter personnel skills.
- Self-motivated, confident, friendly and outgoing.
- Have a passion for the outdoors.
- Have some good knowledge and skill of the tourism or outdoor industry. Previous experience or studying towards these.
- Able to instruct others ie for equipment hire. But these can be learn’.
- Can organize and work well within a team or sometimes in groups of people of all ages and nationalities.
- Be flexible to work on-call and weekends.
- Have current first aid certificate necessary.
- Full driver’s License.
If you have a tourism or outdoor qualification, or who is studying towards these – would be
preferable. But not essential.
If you want to know more about this position a job description is available on email request only.
If you feel that you can fit this position please email your CV to email@example.com with header
note: Frontline Office & Operations Assistant. Or Contact Lisa on 0274 801 231.