Hiring a kayak is a good option if you are just wanting to have a play or to be able to explore lake Taupo on your steam (without a guide).
- We have a number of sit on top options available, and some double sit in kayaks too
- We also have a trailer loaded with kayaks available for hire. Please call us to discuss prices.
But even better – our base is directly across the road from the lake in Acacia Bay, so no transporting issues.
- We are the closest kayak hirer (location) for people to kayak around to see the Maori Rock Carvings in Mine Bay from. The next hire facility is in Taupo township which will add another 2-3 plus hours on your trip time.
- At the beach located across from our base – there are toilet and BBQ facilities. A great location for the family to have a fun day at the lake.
For kayak hire we provide:
- PDF (Life jacket) / buoyancy aid
- Snap Lock bag – for your cell phone
We do not provide dry bags or plastic bags for your gear that you want to take out on the kayak. So please bring something water tight to put your gear into.
We are open from 9am to 5.30pm over summer months, weather permitting. In winter months our hours vary, so in winter months please call us to arrange a kayak hire time. For bookings outside these times will need to be pre- arranged.
The latest time of kayak hire to visit the Maori Carvings in summer months is 1.30pm. As this is a 4 hour (half day) hire. The price is $65.00 per person.
Over summer months you are able to pre-book kayaks (payment will be required on reservation). We only reserve kayak hire bookings between 9.00am – 10.00am. After 10.00am we run on a first in first serve basis.